XTRF is the business management system offered by XTRF Management Systems (https://www.xtrf.eu/). It is available in hosted and installed versions as well.
APIs, macros and thus the BeLazy integration do not work in XTRF Starter Package. BeLazy can only be integrated with the Professional and the Premium plans.
In order to automate project creation in XTRF, you need to license the XTRF API package. To check whether you have the API package, select About on the Help pages in XTRF, as shown on the screenshot below, and select the third option on the tabs, License. Scroll down, and under Enabled features, check if you have the "Home Portal Api".
If you have received the API package from XTRF, go to the bottom of this page, and click Refresh License, then check again.
The onboarding process shows you information on how to license it, but it's best if you reach out to your account manager at XTRF.
If you'd like workflow mapping to work with XTRF Smart projects, please select Configuration (the cogwheel icon), and Projects and Quotes / Project templates. Make sure the name includes the steps of the workflow template, separated by => similary to this: Translation => Proofreading => Quality assurance.
Only workflows with such names will be shown in the workflow mapping. XTRF Classic projects steps can be queried though API, so no preparation is needed.
Expected URL format:
The URL (in the case of XTRF-hosted instances) is https://company.s.xtrf.eu.
- You need to enter the API access token that you can generate. The onboarding process gives you more information.
- You need to install a macro in XTRF that we have written, and parse its URL into BeLazy. If you need to install it and you don't have an account to BeLazy, you still can access it: https://app.belazy.cat/macros/xtrf_macro.groovy (make sure to select Class name: Project and enable Macro modifies model data, besides giving it a name like BeLazy). The person setting up the connection in BeLazy will need the URL of the installed macro.
Please note that you need to automate the generation of receivables and payables because the macro we use cannot create new receivables and payables, only modify the automatically created one. Go to Projects and Quotes in the settings (gear) menu, and select Automations (Smart). Search for Automatic Receivables and Automatic Payables, and enable them. Without this setting, the projects will go through, but without receivables and payables. Also search for Automatic Files Delivery and enable it. This is required for the full automation - otherwise the project manager manually needs to enable the file delivered by the vendor for further delivery.
- Specializations need to be mapped between the systems.
- Services need to be mapped between the systems.
- Sliding scales (match brackets) need to be mapped between the systems.
- Check if the automation of receivables and payables is correctly configured if the finances are not set.
- Check if the macro settings are correct and macros are enabled if the finances are not set and the previous step did not solve your problem.
- Check if the macro is up-to-date. BeLazy will give you a red flag.
- Check if the project view named 'belazy' is shared with all the right groups in the organization.
- Check if in the default price profile of the customer, or the price profile you are using, the default CAT tool is set to Other. It's under Clients / Rates / Price profiles. If it is XTM or SDL Trados Studio, please change it, as it is not possible in XTRF to manipulate these price profile types via macros or APIs. This is not a problem - BeLazy will take care of the mapping to make it work for you.
- Similarly, make sure that under your Client and Provider settings in Configuration the Default CAT tool is set to Other, as on the screenshot below.
- The full automation requires extra configuration if you are using Classic Projects. Please follow the instructions here.
- Full automation only works for projects that are in Started stage. If the project is only Accepted, and not Started, you won't be able to deliver. (You wouldn't be able even if you were trying it manually.)
- In Smart Projects, only files assigned to jobs are handled. Do not add files under the general Files section, but select the last job, and in the right-hand panel, click Add Files under Delivered in this job to add a file that will be delivered by the automation. Only Translated Document files are being returned to your customer.
- For the delivery of files from Smart Projects, you need to have the deliveries verified in the last job (see the job details on the screenshot below).
Reducing the number of customers read by BeLazy:
- In some cases you can have too many customers in the system, but only some would you use BeLazy for. In this case, go to Settings / System Values: Advanced / Categories, and define the category BeLazy or Automation, as per your preference. Either of these two works equally well to limit customers. Enable the category for clients only.
- Select the clients you want to use BeLazy with, and on their Main data page, enable the category you just created for these clients. BeLazy will only read these clients' information.
- If you don't set this up, BeLazy will read all your clients.
- All known project creation scenarios are supported
- Project delivery is supported
- Vendor reassignment is supported
- Both Smart Projects and Classic Projects are supported
- The API user should have at least the same rights as a senior project manager.
Functionality not supported:
- Files above 3 GB are not handled, files are only kept for one week after the project appears in BeLazy.