Memsource Cloud, often referred to as Memsource, is the translation management system offered by Memsource (https://www.memsource.com/). It is only available in a cloud version. It is used by enterprises, translation companies and translators as well.
There are three main use cases where the Memsource Cloud integration comes handy:
- Your customer sends you jobs via a buyer-vendor relationship, and you want these jobs to be managed in your business management system.
- You have connected Memsource to a content management system and projects are automatically being created, and you want these jobs to be managed in your business management system.
- You create jobs in your instance of the Memsource Cloud (for example due to content connectors or file engineering reasons), and you want these jobs to automatically appear in the business management system.
In order to access the Memsource Cloud, BeLazy uses the Memsource APIs. The Personal edition of Memsource is thus not supported, because it does not have the APIs enabled.
Expected URL format:
The URL is https://cloud.memsource.com.
- You authenticate in Memsource with your username and password.
- You can select which Memsource projects should not be created in BeLazy. For example, if your XTRF or Plunet Memsource integration creates projects, you can use regular expressions to filter them out from being duplicated.
- You can set up a naming convention for the projects.
- You can map all the triplets of Memsource clients, business units and cost centers to your business management system customers.
- You can map domains and subdomains to specializations in your business management system.
- You can select the business management system service based on Memsource workflows and workflow steps.
- You can map translation memory, non-translatable and machine translation rate cards to your internal rates.
- You can set up a rule to map vendors.
- Language codes need to be mapped between the systems.
- Vendor and admin user scenarios are supported.
- Projects without a comprehensive analysis run an analysis before adding the information to the business management system. Once the analysis runs, the entire pricing is based on the newly run analysis.
- Net rate schemes and price lists are supported. If they are not present, the price comes from the business management system, from the customer's pricing information.
- Only projects and jobs created after the configuration of the Memsource connection automation will be implemented in the business management system.
- Only jobs that are not assigned to any user or are assigned to the user associated with the API access are picked up.
- Automatic creation of projects through an auto-approve rule.
- A project delivered in the business management system will also be automatically delivered in Memsource.
Functionality not supported:
- Linguist user scenarios are not supported, due to rights limitation on the API.
- It is not possible to download bilingual documents, only online workflows are supported.
- Job deadlines are not enforced in XTRF.
Vendor assignment functionality (in XTRF):
- You can explicitly create a vendor assignment using the assignment mapping dialog. This allows you to explicitly select some BMS users and map them to your Memsource user list appearing on the left.
- If explicit selection was not done, by default, we take the vendor's username in Memsource from XTRF's Provider information:
- Main data / System accounts / Username in external system.
- If this information is not available, we can check for the existence of vendors and create them in Memsource as necessary if you enable the "I want BeLazy to automatically map my BMS users to Memsource users and create accounts on demand." checkbox, and select a naming convention.
- BeLazy watches your vendor assignments in the XTRF projects and reassigns vendor based on this. The frequency of checks / reassignment is not more than 30 minutes, and as little as 5 minutes at the beginning and the end of the project, but it also happens every time you sync projects with your BeLazy connections.
- BeLazy does NOT check assignments in Memsource. If you reassign a vendor in Memsource, it won't impact any change in XTRF.
In case you are hitting some problems during the onboarding due to the API limitations of your Memsource edition, Memsource has kindly offered to switch you to the Ultimate edition during this period.
Jobs are merged according to languages and workflow steps.